Hello, my name is Mr. Justin Smetters and I am a passionate educator. I have 15 years of experience teaching in both local and international schools both here and abroad. This is my first year at Ryder and I hope to make it a memorable one. I am the Diverse Learning teacher for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. I will be using Google Classroom to provide instructional opportunities in my classroom. I am excited to help the community and your child in particular.
I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Middle School ELA and Middle School Social Studies from Monmouth College in Monmouth, IL and I have a Master’s Degree in Special Education from Northeastern University of Illinois in Chicago, IL.
In my spare time, I like to watch sports, movies, play games, and sing.
Remote Learning Schedule:
- Attendance and Literacy Class Code:TBA 8:45-9:40am
- Civics and Social Studies Class Code:TBA 9:40-10:20am
- Math Class Code:TBA 10:20-11:00am
- Specials 11:00-12:00pm
- Lunch 12:00-1:00pm
- Science Class Code:TBA 1:00-1:40pm
- Academic Enrichment 1:40-2:20pm
- Asynchronous Learning and Office Hours 2:20-3:45pm
Office hours will be Monday-Friday 2:20-3:45 Schedule permitting
Number: (872) 221-3125